Great opportunity for your current 9th – 11th graders for Summer!
Summer of Service/Sacramento Youth Leadership Program Ambassador
The SOS/SYLP Ambassadors are a key part of the summer of service experience. These upper classmen play the role of leaders and mentors for the incoming students. Ambassadors build relationships with the participants and help them get comfortable with their transition into middle school and high school. They also assist in the planning and leading of activities during Summer of Service. At the end of Summer of Service the Ambassadors will travel with the participants to the SYLP overnight leadership camp that will be held at Sac State and facilitated by the Youth Development Network
– $100 stipend for completion of program
– 5 Elective credits
– Attend a 2-night, 3-day leadership camp at Sac State
1. Be a current freshmen, sophomore or junior at one of the SOS/SYLP sites – Arthur A. Benjamin Health Professions, C.K. McClatchy, John F. Kennedy, Hiram Johnson, (*Luther Burbank and *Sacramento High School).
2. Commit to the entire 7-week SOS/SYLP program from June 18 – August 2nd. (Program runs Monday – Thursday, 8am – 1pm at your school site)
3. Attend the mandatory Ambassador Orientation Saturday June 9th 9:00am-3:30pm at the VIBE Urban Teen Lounge located at 1725 K street, Midtown Sacramento
* These schools do not have the SOS program on site and will only participate in the SYLP Camp at the end of July