CROCKER ART MUSEUM & ACCESS SACRAMENTO presents
“A Place Called Sacramento” – The 12th Annual Film Project
The Crocker Art is pleased to present an encore screening of the 2011 “Place Called Sacramento” film festival. Friends of Access Sacramento, PCS filmmakers and fans are invited to celebrate, again, the 10 short films first premiered last October at the Crest Theatre.
Crocker Art Museum
216 O Street
Thursday February 2, 2012
Show starts at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets: $4 for Crocker Members
Advance tickets: Non-member $8.00 (online at crockerartmuseum.org or Admission Desk)
At the door: Non-members $10.00
“A Place Called Sacramento” (PCS), is the original, local scriptwriting and short film production project for local writers and producers. PCS challenges local scriptwriters, new and experienced, to write 10-minute scripts about the people, places, and events that make our community such a unique place to live (entry forms and submission guidelines are available online at www.AccessSacramento.org). The deadline for script submission is 5pm Tuesday April 10, 2012 in the Access Sacramento office. The Crocker screening serves as the official launch of the 13th annual “PCS” production process.
Want to know more about making a movie this summer? Do you have a good story but need to write a script? All scripts entered are reviewed by local professionals and 10 are selected. These 10 scriptwriter/producers are then introduced to volunteers, actors and technicians at The PCS “Cast and Crew Call” Wednesday, May 23, 2012. Production teams are formed and shooting – editing commences during the summer months. Finally, after weeks of hard work and great fun, friends gather at the World Premiere to a packed house at the CREST Theatre 1:00 PM on Sunday, October 7, 2012. All films are family friendly. The PCS production process is unique to Sacramento.
To view the films completed for the 2011 & previous PCS film festivals, go to the web site www.AccessSacramento.org. In the twelve years of PCS, over 119 short films have been created.
Access Sacramento is a nonprofit, community media organization building better communications between individuals and groups in Sacramento County for 25 years. With our TV studio, radio and television production equipment, media lab, and mobile production truck, we train and manage volunteers, programming cable radio and television channels 17 & 18.
CONTACT: Ron Cooper, Executive Director, Access Sacramento
4623 T Street, Suite A – Sacramento, CA. 95819
(916) 456-8600 #112 – Postmaster@AccessSacramento.org – AccessSacramento.org
2012 TIMELINE FOR PCS WORKSHOP EVENTS AND DEADLINES
- Announce 2012 Call for Scripts… Monday January 8, 2012 – Formatting and submission guidelines are available online at www.AccessSacramento.org
- Crocker Museum “2011 PCS Revisited” – Thursday evening February 2, 2012
Special showcase of all ten films from 2011 on the Crocker “big screen”
- Short Form Script Writing Class with Screenwriter Matt Perry ($50 fee)
Three, 4-hour classes on writing “short form” film scripts. Polish your PCS entry or further your film writing skills. Starts – Saturdays – February 11th to March 3rd , 11 AM-3 PM
- Short Film Production Tips with Nate Schemel ($50 fee) Four Saturdays starting March 17 from 11-3 PM. Teaches you key steps in pre & post-production, casting, scheduling, and more.
- Script Deadline for PCS… Tuesday April 10 (5pm) Acc/Sac Office – Formatting and submission guidelines are available online at www.AccessSacramento.org
- PCS Script Judging… April 12-May 11 – Local professionals review and select 10 scripts.
- Cast and Crew Call… Wednesday May 23 (6:00 PM – 8:30 PM)
Join with hundreds of interested cast and crewmembers to meet the selected
screenwriters and hear them “pitch” their stories. Join the production team(s) and help make a movie! Production teams are formed and work all summer to create the 10 PCS movies.
- Workshop “PCS Production Planning” … Saturday June 09 (9 AM – Noon)
The ten teams gather to receive further instructions, production tips, and share
ideas. Participants invited shall include key members of each production team.
- Workshop Post-Production/Editing … Saturday July 07 (9 AM- Noon)
As final editing approaches, learn some tips from the experts. Finalize your
formatting, credits, and other questions needed to meet the deadline.
- Deadline for Final PCS Films –Tues. September 4 (Noon Acc/Sac Office)
Hard deadline, no excuses. Guidelines are available online at www.AccessSacramento.org
- 2012 PCS World Premiere… Sunday October 7, 2012 (1:00 PM)
All completed films premiere on the Big Screen at the Crest. Invite your family,
friends and strangers you want to impress… a great show about… a place called
Sacramento! All seats are $10. All films are “family friendly”. World Premiere!
CONTACT: Ron Cooper, Executive Director
Access Sacramento in the Coloma Community Center
4623 T Street, Suite A
Sacramento, CA. 95819
(916) 456-8600 #112 – Postmaster@AccessSacramento.org