Green Technical Education and Employment employs youth over the summer to increase local access to healthy foods through use of an aquaponics system.
Are you interested in learning more about the type of products being sold and marketed in retail stores throughout Sacramento County? If so, consider volunteering as a retail data collector for Sacramento County’s Tobacco Education Program.
- Sacramento County’s Tobacco Education Program (TEP) is part of a statewide campaign working to make positive changes in local retail stores. This summer, TEP will be surveying over 300 stores to determine what products are being sold and marketed. TEP is in the process of recruiting volunteers to assist with this data collection process.
- Learn more about the availability of alcohol, tobacco, and healthy food in retail stores throughout Sacramento County. Please note that the main focus of the survey will be on tobacco product availability, placement, price, promotion and flavorings.
- Participants who attend the training and complete their surveys will receive $40 in gift cards.
- Data collectors must be 18 years or older.
- Volunteers must attend a mandatory training on Thursday, August 1, 2013 from 9am-3pm at Sierra Health Foundation (Bannon Island Room, 1321 Garden Highway, Sacramento, CA 95833).
- How to get involved:
- To register for the data collector training visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RetailDataCollection
Find even more info in the flyer below: