The Alliance for Community Media, Western Region (CA, HI, CO, NM, AZ) announced the finalists in the 2010 Western Access Video Excellence (WAVE) Awards. The WAVE Awards honor the best public, educational, and government access programming from PEG cable access channels all over the West.
Congratulations to the following eight programs seen on Access Sacramento, their producers and crews for being named as a top three finalist in their respective categories. Winners in each category will be announced at the WAVE Awards Ceremony held Friday October 15 at the John Asquaga’s Hotel in Reno/Sparks, Nevada. Tickets to the ceremony are available at www.ACMest.org for $20 each.
- “The Haiti Relief Telethon” — Live or Live-to-Tape, Professional
- “Livewire – Halloween Special” — Entertainment/Variety Programming, Professional
- “Play Day” (PCS 2009 film by Carrie Stroud) — Programming by Youth, Community Producer
- “Beatrice and the Bike Thief” (PCS 2009 film by Frank Casanova) — Programming for Youth and Families, Professional
- “11 Bravo Diaries” (PCS 2009 fllm by Laura Tapia) Inspirational/Religious Programming, Professional
- “Listen Up, Sacramento! – Michael Bayard featuring Sequoia” — Inspirational/Religious Programming, Professional
- “Nightmare On K Street” (PCS 2009 film by Jessica Vazquez) — Experimental/Innovative, Community Producer
- “Listen Up, Sacramento! – Sage Cummins of Dead Scott” — Music Programming, Professional