Access Sacramento‘s primary mission, vision and intentions for the next 12 months will remain essentially unchanged this year based on the Board of Director’s planning retreat last weekend.
A variety of work groups and standing committees were tasked with monitoring and acting on five strategic directions that were created during an extensive planning process last year.
Board chair JoAnn Fuller noted progress in all the areas and commended the board on its refreshed understanding and pledge to help Access Sacramento continue to improve in all of the strategic areas.
The five strategic directions are:
- Goal 1: Rebrand Access Sacramento and raise the level of awareness of the organization and its services.
- Goal 2: Expand and diversity funding sources and level.
- Goal 3: Build a stronger more engaged Board of Directors.
- Goal 4: Provide services, equipment and programming to meet the needs of the community.
- Goal 5: Improve channel signal quality and access to program information on Interactive program guides on the cable system.
Executive Director Gary Martin hosted the retreat at his home in Elk Grove and noted the energy and hard-working commitment the board has as Access Sacramento moves into its 28th year.