- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (leaves and tender stems), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Garnish with red radishes or jicama. Serve with tortilla chips.
1. Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
2 Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado. (Don’t overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
3. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more.
4. Chop half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness.
5. Add half of chopped tomato
6. Serve with chips and enjoy!