Access Sacramento invites you to our Second Annual Open House on Saturday, April 21st from 1 to 4pm in the Auditorium and Television Studios at Coloma Community Center, 4623 T Street Sacramento. Access Sacramento welcomes participation by Sacramento County residents, artists and musicians, major media organizations and nonprofit groups. How can you get involved?
Showcased in the Coloma Auditorium will be major media contributors such as The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Press, KCRA Channel 3, KXTV News 10 and many others. City, County, and State agencies will encourage the open and transparent sharing of information. Learn how these organizations invite “community reporting” from you and your neighbors.
As a training center, Access Sacramento will showcase our volunteers, folks just like YOU, who have learned how to produce TV and radio shows.
· Come and learn how you or any Sacramento County resident can see yourself on TV or learn to host your own radio program.
· Ask questions of local major media organizations and learn how to use their web sites to share your voice and press releases.
· We will demonstrate the chroma-key “green studio” and how easy it is to create public service announcements, talk shows and local newscasts.
· Are you into music? In the television studio, we will demonstrate studio production skills with guests from our “Listen UP, Sacramento!” program featuring local bands and artists.
· Our Media Lab will demo our new website AccessLocal.tv showcasing digital content from our Neighborhood News partner organizations.
· See videos from our local youth, telling the “My Voice Counts” stories of their Sacramento County neighborhoods.
· Plus there will be food and fun for everyone. The celebration will showcase how Access Sacramento is “making a difference, one voice at a time.” See you here!
Access Sacramento and Coloma Community Center OPEN HOUSE
4623 T Street, Sacramento
Saturday, April 21 1 to 4pm