The core group will continue to meet each Tuesday for the month of January. If you have questions or suggestions, e-mail Ron Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year – Fresh Plans for Neighborhood News Project
Exciting new developments greet the start of 2012, including a fresh look at the NNB Project. Isaac Gonzalez has been named by The California Endowment (TCE) as a full-time mentor to the South Sacramento “Building Healthy Communities” (BHC) network of neighborhood nonprofit organizations. In this capacity, Gonzalez will continue his community journalism training workshops but with TCE support, these efforts will expand.
The core NNB planning team gathered January 10 to welcome Isaac to his new responsibilities and to map out plans for NNB growth in the new year.
Key discussion topics included:
· Continue to evolve the “look & feel” of the NNB web site AccessLocal.tv
· Improve the upload system and pass code process for NNB
· Plan the May, 2012 Youth Media Forum including the “My Voice Counts” video award
· New videos with the help of UC Davis and Sacramento City Unified School District from student “walk audits” around their neighborhoods
· Re-energize the five existing NNB partners – Asian Resources, La Familia, Southgate Parks, Pannell Center, and Valley Hi-North Laguna Library
· Expand number of NNB videos on the cable TV channels 17 & 18
· Develop curriculum for training in reporting and production skills
· Reach out to City of Rancho Cordova and their outreach efforts
· Reach out to County Library System as NNB partner